Kwan Im Thong Hood Temple at Waterloo Street Singapore

Since last year December, I decided to pray at Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple near Bugis MRT every week, either on Friday or Saturday. Last Friday, after work, I was surprised to see so many devotees praying at one of Singapore most popular temples. After reading from internet, I realised last Friday was 26th of 1st Lunar month, which is the Opening of Wealth Vault day (开财库). I took four red packets which were filled with 20cents coin ( I think so as I haven't open yet). I wanted to give to my family but my father took for all of us instead. Maybe I just keep it first.

Anyway after praying to Goddess of Mercy, I will always walk to Raffles City shopping mall (at Cityhall MRT) to eat at Soup Spoon Union, buy almond bread and then read at a bookshop in Raffles City shopping mall basement. If I feel like eating yogurt, I'll walk to Marina square mall to eat Llao Llao yogurt. Yeah, its actually a routine that I enjoy. After praying to the benevolent Guan Yin, I read the latest magazines or books at a bookshop in Raffles city shopping mall basement (Cityhall MRT). 
 Barricades are set up to maintain order. My father told me the temple was packed with people who want to  receive the blessing hongbao (red packet). My mum told me that those who receive must return next year.


From http://www.beokeng.com/disptemple.php?temple=kwan-im-thong-hood-cho-temple

Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple (guanyin tang fozu miao) is more commonly known as Shi Ma Lu Guanyin Temple or Waterloo Street Guanyin Temple. Based on the wall inscriptions, the temple's founder was 'Master Li Nan Shan', who hailed from Guangdong, China. In 1884 he received a piece of land from a firm known as 'Chen Liang Cheng', and built the temple betweem 1884 and 1886. The temple was refurbished in 1895 and rebuilt into the one we see today in 1984. 

Comments

Popular Posts