Chinese Garden at Gardens by the Bay

Gardens by the Bay is one attraction that I visit once every few months. I love nature and beautiful flowers. I always feel happy and comforted whenever I'm surrounded by nature and greenery. Last year, I was lucky to buy Gardens by the Bay annual pass at only $34; half the price of $68 as we celebrated 50th years of Singapore independence. Special thanks to my dear cousin who shared with me the lobang aka promotion. 

Anyway if you want to enjoy free attraction and not pay for the flower and cloud forest domes, you can visit gardens like Chinese, Malay, Indian and Colonial outdoor gardens. Today I'm going to share more on the Chinese garden which showcases a sculpture that depicts Chinese from China leaving their homeland and arriving in Singapore; and other flowers and trees commonly found in China. 

Both my grandfathers left China, Chaozhou (when they were only about 15 years old. My maternal grandfather travelled alone to Singapore from Chaoyang during the civil war in the 1940s, whereas my paternal grandfather arrived in Singapore with his adopted parents from Jieyang. Yeah, that's why my current surname is not really my real surname. My real surname is Tan or Chen 陈。Anyway only my very close friends or buddies know. As I'm a Teochew, maybe that's why I love seafood so much as Chaozhou is near the sea. Well both my grandmothers were Teochew too. 

Back to the topic, let's take a look at free attraction, the Chinese garden in Gardens by the Bay. Thankfully not every attraction must pay admission fees. In addition to Chinese garden, I also include flowers in Flower Dome which you have to pay for admission. 

How to get there?
Gardens by the Bay
Just alight at Bayfront MRT CE1.
 Pinky flowers; my favourite colour.
 Blooming flowers that looks like cherry blossom near the bridge from Bay Sand MRT to Gardens by the Bay. The best things in life are free. 
 Chinese Garden. The Chinese diaspora leaving their homeland, China.
 The Chinese diaspora arrive in Singapore.


 I love this lantern flowers at Flower Dome.
 Looks like sunflower. Brightening up your day!
 I also like cactus and succulents plants.

 My favourite succulent.
 Overview of Flower dome.
 Glad to see baobab trees from Africa in Singapore.


Comments

Popular Posts