The Best Tau Sar Piah Thye Moh Chan in Singapore

Everytime I visit Chinatown Point, I will buy a box of traditional Teochew pastries at Thye Moh Chan which is established since 1943. My favourite tau sar piah is the traditional sweet tau sar piah with flaky skin filled with silky smooth mung bean paste. Though it is expensive at about $1.60 per piece, I still find it worth it as others tau sar piah don't taste as good as Thye Moh Chan even though its cheaper. Eating the traditional sweet tau sah piah reminds me of home. Of course, if I buy 8 tau sar piahs, it cost $10.80. I realized that some Toastbox cafes are also selling the tau sar piah which make me happy as I don't have to travel all the way to Chinatown, Vivocity or Paragon to buy. 

Of course, just to share that the awesome taste is partly because of the pork lard in the tau sar piah. It just make the pastry so fragrant and delicious. 
I'm glad Thye Moh Chan is still around and is still around selling traditional and delicious Chinese Teochew pastries. It is important to preserve traditional heritage.

For more information, you can visit their website here.
 They also sell pastries for wedding gifts.
 Besides traditional sweet tau sar piah, there are also different filling like salty type, yam, cranberries and many more.

At Chinatown branch, it is about 5 minutes walk from Chinatown MRT station.

Comments

Popular Posts